Contact the Web Master: Email  
1962: The Church builds a housing complex in Bedford Hills for retired people of all faiths. Created for those of limited
income, these 70 apartments are sponsored by our church and managed by a Board of Directors constituted of our

1968: Needing to relocate the church, members acquire land and construction begins at the crossroads of Route 133
and Crow Hill Road in New Castle.

1969: Doors open for worship at our present location.

1976: Commemorating the Bicentennial of our nation, two bronze bells are cast in Europe and given to the church by
Lila Acheson Wallace.

1984: The church Sanctuary is expanded for worship. New Narthex and offices are added.

1986-88: The Memorial Pipe Organ is built and installed in the Sanctuary.

1994-96: Major renovation and expansion of our church building, including addition of classrooms and Education
Center for children and adults, the Great Hall for church and community, a new entrance with bridge to upper parking
lots, new portico with bell tower at front of building. The largest bell, cast in Holland, was given to commemorate the
completion of our church building.

1999-2001: In a two-year study funded by the Lilly Foundation, the Presbyterian Church of Mt. Kisco was rated
among the top 300 Protestant churches in the U.S. The study was summarized in a book, Excellent Protestant
Congregations: the Guide to Best Places and Practices, published in April of 2001. The churches are listed
alphabetically, by state, since there is no ranking order within the 300.

2004-2009: The Reverend Molly Blythe Teichert serves as Senior Pastor.

2005-2010: The Reverend James K. Poinsett serves as Associate Pastor, and Acting Head of Staff

2008: The "Water Organ", a gift from Bonnie and Tom Trotta, is built and installed by the Von Beckerath Organ
company in the Sanctuary

2010-2012: Jack Lohr serves as Interim Pastor

2012-present: The Rev. Dr. Dale E. Southorn serves as Pastor

The History of

1851: Fifteen townspeople
formed the Presbyterian
Church of Mt. Kisco soon after
the town is given a name with
the new  railroad station.
Church building at former location 1957
Sanctuary at former location 1957